Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Chicken Little Opened the Rug



 And it was perfect!!!
Why do I worry so much? 
Heather from Love Your Space  read my mind in her comment when she said she does the same thing because she is afraid she is going to jinx herself. That is exactly what I was thinking!! The longer I wait to open the rug, the better it will be. And guess what? It worked!! I LOVE it!!
Interested? It is the Stockholm Rand Rug from Ikea.



Standing in the kitchen looking into dining room.
And don't let the country cousin chairs scare you. They are old kitchen chairs that have been filling in until I decide what to get: Mod or French. 
But now don't you see how fabulous the blue velvet will be??!!
And the walls will be gray...so much to do, so little time and money.




This was my sad dining room before we started the renovation. In addition to the new kitchen we took down or moved 3 walls. The wall with the plates...



Gone!! It has totally changed the feel of my house. It now feels so open and bright. I'm also getting a new chandelier, but we can save that for another day. Today is all about the rug.


So...what do you think??











16 comments :

  1. yay! love that look - so fresh. everytime I have checked for the rand in charlotte, they are out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- opening that wall does make a huge difference! not surprised the rug looks great-you always have good taste! MW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. Love the transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, LOVE the rug. Of course. And opening up your dining room makes a huge difference. Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love it! Your house looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! It takes the whole room up a level....LOVE! Oh and if you get rid of that chandelier...let me know:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely perfect and what a lovely bold statement it makes! So glad youre happy with it.
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. And I love the difference in your house. It's so nice to be in your dining room and get a peek at your new beautiful cabinetry!! I've always liked that chandelier. But I'm sure whatever you do will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! It does completely change the feel of the room. Really gives it a classic/contemporary feel that makes the lucite chairs work. You must be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yahooooo! I love it!!!!!! Isn't it funny how one thing can totally change a room!?!? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes!!! it looks fantastic!! what a diffreence it makes. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I almost got this yesterday...I also can't seem to make up my mind on an ikea rug...it looks great in your room. Fortunately I have an ikea 45 minutes away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks really great! I vote french for the chairs, would be a nice mix. Can't wait to see the blue velvet too, its going to look great! And I love those cabinets with the mirror peaking in. Is that your kitchen? It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks great! Fresh and stylish but still warm.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain