Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Chicken Little

The rug for my dining room came.
  
 I haven't opened it yet. My sister was nice enough to schlep out to Ikea to get it. My dad was nice enough to bring it to Wilmington for me. Now what if it doesn't work? There is no way I am driving it back to Charlotte. It's got to work right? I am going to screw up my courage and open it...soon. 



I don't know why I am so worried. I swear it looks good in any room I have ever seen in it. 




It looks extra good in this entrance hall. 



Then again they don't usually photograph and publish the ugly rooms with the wrong rug that someone bought on a whim without ever seeing it in person. 



Cross your fingers and I 'll let you know how it turns out. 

By the way, some of the pictures are probably of Madeline Weinrib's rug that Ikea copied so people like me could afford to buy it on a whim and worry themselves sick over it.

pitcures from: Lonny, Design Sponge, Nate













10 comments :

  1. do it! and then show us so we can drool. it's going to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sissy, you crack me up. You sound like me and my paranoia over buying things and them not working. It will be fabulous. Trust. You know it will. Now, unroll that sucker and put us out of our misery.

    P.S. - I love the entry hall one too because it's off the dining room that I used as my color inspiration for my dining room. Still love my Champion Cobalt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to look great! Can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to look so good! I can't wait to see it. I wanted one myself so you just let me know if it doesn't work out.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No fear! Go for it! That rug is fab everywhere. Love the images especially the zebra with it. More is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay yay yay you got it!!! I can't wait to see it. Gary Spain's room is one of my all time favorites. I wanted to do a gallery wall like his but then I had a nervous breakdown over it. haha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too funny. Open it up and post a picture. It will look so good!! I can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha! I do this, too. As if somehow you'll jinx it by opening it or something. I tell myself the rug is the rug is the rug, and yet...nerves abound. You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know it will look fabulous! Can't go wrong with a black and white stripe and to your point it goes well with contemporary and traditional spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chicken Little, I would have been afraid too. Now all I can say is wow it looks perfect!
    Good thing because shipping that rug back could have been difficult.

    Luci

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain