Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Bronson Pinchot is doing what?


Do you remember Bronson Pinchot? Balki from Perfect Strangers? And of course a ton of other movies. Well I happened to catch an episode of his new series - The Bronson Pinchot Project - and I was hooked. He buys neglected old homes and renovates them. But not in the way you might imagine. The show is fascinating and he is funny and unexpectedly charming. You have got to check it out on the DIY Network.






I was watching a taped episode last night and saw this amazing woodwork that would look great on my stairs. I had to rewind, pause, rewind, pause several times to get this less than perfect picture for you. Bronson uses all salvaged materials to rebuild his homes and usually leaves the salvaged pieces in their original condition. Of course I would have to sand this down and high gloss it to within an inch of it's life, but that's just me. So his style is not my style exactly, but the way he puts things together is so interesting. 

OK, that's all for now. I need to find a good salvage yard.
Hope your Monday is off to a good start!!

3 comments :

  1. I remember Balki!! How strange that he is in a DIY show....will have to venture and see it, sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the hubs and i caught this one night and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What....who doesn't have a home show now...you heard about Vanilla Ice right?

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain