Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

An End...

...To Spring Break. The kids went back to school today. Surprisingly, I was a little sad. We had such a good time over Spring Break. We spent the whole week in Wilmington, N.C. If you ever get the chance, you have to visit. Of course, it was easy for us because we live in Wilmington.



We had dinner at Indochine one night and had a blast! We sat outside in our own private hut and stuffed ourselves with fabulous Thai & Vietnamese food. I highly recommend a meal here. We felt like we were in Disney World. The best part? We were only 3 minutes from home.

Add ImageFriday was a beautiful day and we headed out on the boat.

The weather could not have been better.


Everyone loved it. First boat ride of the summer.

Then we parked the boat at the Dockside and had lunch on the waterway. My shrimp burger was delicious!! Life is good in Wilmington. I know it looks like Butterball's sweatshirt says "Cay". It really says "Clay" and that's what you get when you're the third child, hand-me-downs. But you've got to admit it looks cute with his little shorts.

We had lunch with family and a couple of Easter Egg Hunts.


All in all it was a great Spring Break and I got to sleep in my own bed every night!!!


One final picture. Today is not only the end of Spring Break, it is also my anniversary. Number 13. Traditional gift for year 13 is lace. Let me take a moment to say "No thank you!" Also, no poems. They make me feel ill. Life is good and that is gift enough. (Plus you already bought me that Bakelite bracelet I wanted) Happy Anniversary Bill!!!

23 comments :

  1. Happy anniversary!! Looks like you've had an amazing spring break!! And I'm SO jealous of the weather you've had. (we still have snow - in April!!)

    Have a fabulous Monday and again, you're family is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you have a lovely family! And your post was really funny (poems often have the same effect on me!). Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary - your family is just precious! ( and I am so jealous that you are out in a boat already ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary you cute couple you.

    Yep, Spring Break is pretty special, especially when the kids are around your children's ages. Good weather helps too. Glad you had a great time.
    xxmb from Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Spring Break and a beautiful family, Sissy! My daughter's Spring Break just started Friday and we're having a staycation here in Nashville the first part of the week before we head to Atlanta to the American Girl Doll store on Friday (and then to Scott's Antique Market on Saturday - shh, just don't tell my daughter).

    Happy Anniversary!! We're going to celebrate number 13 in July, and I'm totally with you on the lace thing (and the poetry thing)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Your pictures make me wish I was in Wilmington right now. This was one of the first Easter we didn't spend in Wilmington.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary cutie! Glad spring break was fun for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary!! Life IS good in Wilmington- making me the tiniest bit jealous!! Everyone looks so happy. Why do we have different spring breaks? We usually have the same one. We're off to the beach now, since it is not 10 minutes away. Lucky girl!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary! So glad you had nice weather on vacation. Boston is finally warm and we're soaking up the sun this week, instead of rain for a change.

    I'm having a giveaway this week - stop by to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary to a lovely couple! (with a gorgeous family) Sometimes staycations are the best breaks in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary. Good call on the passing up of the lace. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sissy, you have such a beautiful family, and you and Bill look gorgeous for your anniversary date (love the belt!). Glad you had a lovely week!--Lilah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary! You have a beautiful family. I'm going to include Wilmington as a must visit city.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary! looks like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary!! Can't believe it was that long ago. I still cringe when I hear Brickhouse (my lovely dance w/Bill after too much wine) GREAT pictures! Butterball is getting so big-love his hair!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary! I liked your image of the first boat ride of the season...I can't wait for ours...in May!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful spring break. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary to the cutest couple I know.
    GIGI

    ReplyDelete
  19. happy anniversary!!

    fiona's spring break started today!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Anniversary- a little late! What great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy anniversary! Don't you just love the first boat ride of the year?? We had ours over Easter weekend too and it was euphoric! :) Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain