Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Peeping Mom

Don't you love going to people's homes and checking out their stuff? I couldn't care less about what they have in their medicine cabinets, but I love to see what they choose to display. And how they display it.


Canadian House and Home

To me there is nothing better than a good tablescape to entertain and inform me.


Canadian House and Home

I love when it is an unexpected mix of treasures.


My Favorite and My Best

And books. I love stacks and stacks of book.


Pink Wallpaper

On top of the table, under the table, beside the table.....


Delight By Design

If they have a colorful jacket, all the better!


Deborah Lloyd from MA Belle

This looks like the home of a traveler. If I were to display something from my last trip it would be a Coke bottle from Atlanta. Diet Coke. I need to travel more. To more exotic locations. I used to travel. When I was young, but I spent my money on cheap wine and t-shirts. It seemed like a good idea at the time.


David Hicks From Domino

Of course, I couldn't talk about tablescapes without mentioning David Hicks. King of the tablescape. Pretty good, huh?


Holly Goes Lightly

Looks like daughter, India Hicks, has her dad's gift for decorating with personal items. I could do a whole post on India...you know what? I think I will. India Hicks, style icon, coming soon!

Hope you had a great weekend!


15 comments :

  1. HMMMM when other people leave stuff out it looks stylish-when I do, it's a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too. i love stuff. but i love no stuff too. easier to clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd get a kick out of our office if you like stacks of books - we have stacks and stacks - ALL on the floor! Need bookshelves, ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove stacks of books. Anytime I see a stack of books - I want to go right over and read the titles! And I love the color and personality that they add to a room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh love this post. What great images you picked. I have to agree with you. I love seeing what people have in their homes. The types of books they read, knick-knacks that they have. I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the pinks and oranges in that first CH&H picture! It's funny, I love to see that in other people's home, but in my home it always feels like clutter. Maybe I need a stylist to come style my clutter so it looks pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the image from Pink Wallpaper - all my favorite colors. Tablescapes are so hard. I agree with other comments that it's difficult for them to look purposefully arranged and not like clutter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tablescapes! I especially like the fresh colors in the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post full of lovely and inspiring images.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tablescape at the top...it's so feminine and vibrant. Can't wait for the India Hicks post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mom used to tell me that when I was little I would go into my friends houses or her friends houses and notice EVERYTHING that had been moved or replaced or how things were set up. Like I would say, "Oh Mrs So and So- I like how you moved the lamp there" I still do it today even without noticing myself...guess some things never change :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love stacks of books as well. Great images!

    ReplyDelete
  13. me too. a good display has a way of making me swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this post! The whole thing is so cheerful too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The David Hicks tableau..the coral photo book on the desk is actually a really reasonable one we carried back in 2005 in my old boutique. I'm impressed.
    Great images. Gratitudes for the tableau views.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain