Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

Are you sick to death of...

Paper Flowers? Sorry. I just had to show you some pictures from dinner last night. Our mixed doubles tennis team got together for dinner at a great old beach club. It ain't fancy, but it sure is fabulous. You start with drinks upstairs, sitting in rocking chairs watching the ocean. Then finish with dinner downstairs. Dinner you have brought. Along with the tablecloth, napkins, centerpieces etc. That's half the fun.


I had some paper flower arrangements left over from my Aunt and Uncle's anniversary party and just hated not to use them again.


My sisters and I were in charge of the flowers for the party so my sister Susan, in Atlanta, made the green Sweet Peas. My sister, Betsy, in Charlotte, made the pink flowers and I made the white with the green and yellow center (Shake my family tree and a craft nerd will fall out). We made 30 of each. Once everyone got to town we crossed our fingers and started arranging.


Voila! It worked. This was at the anniversary party. Next stop the beach. I needed something more casual. Who wears gold to the beach?


Out went the gold boxes. I threw in some greenery, votives and trellis napkins with bamboo rings and I was set.


It looked even better once it was dark and the candles were lit. The pictures aren't great, but that is because everyone was ready to eat and I was still trying to get the perfect photo.


Everyone had a great time and I got lots of joy from setting the table! And of course the great company. Thanks for a great night everyone!!

I promise, no more paper flowers, ever!! Unless I think up some new design or fabulous arrangement and then well, I might have to share.

P.S. Why is it the one night you have been out late, Butterball wakes up early?

Have a great weekend!!










17 comments :

  1. oh, they look so great!! Remember when we made them in Wilmington? Can I have another tutorial next time I see you, b/c I want to know how to make all of them. And I might have forgotten what you taught me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way that turned out! The flowers are so creative and realistic. Beautiful table...add the sound of the ocean...wish I'd been there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The table looks awesome! I'm very impressed by your crafty skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill looks like he's having a good time with that dazzling smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! I have never made paper flowers but after this charming post, would love to! Love your use of the julep glasses as a vase, nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are precious. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will you teach me??? We have LOTS of events this year w/Chelsie getting married!! And I won't be coming to town tomorrow- I have a buyer that has to go out but I will be there one of these weekends!!! Event #1 send momma to the fat farm to lose 30 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely. paper flowers remind me of times my mom and i used to make them out of toilet paper. that's still paper right? or maybe it was kleenex. or was it tissue paper? i should get my facts straight before i go commenting on someone's blog wasting someone's time with nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look great! I don't think I will ever get sick of paper flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think they're cute! We had some for my daughter's birthday before & all the girls joined in making them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sick of paper flowers yet - and those are some of the prettiest I have ever seen! I love that you made different types of flowers so there would be some variation in size, color and texture. Looks beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty and soft! Looks divine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made tons and tons of paper flowers for a party once, we made kissing balls out of them -I think yours are brilliant and fun.

    Looks and sounds like a lovely evening. My invite was lost in the mail, maybe? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a beautiful party. love the flower idea.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain