Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

Self-Portraits




No! Not of me, of my kids! One hot summer day as my kids complained about being bored I remembered something I had seen in a magazine. A self portrait by a 4 or 5 year old. I loved it and thought "I have kids; we can do that". Well, off we went to AC Moore for inexpensive canvases...I couldn't decide on what paint to get so we just used what we had at home, Crayola washable paints (I suggest you use something with more coverage). I had Cricket and Clay draw their faces first then paint. I couldn't be happier with the outcome.



























I usually have them hanging in the kid's bathroom by their sinks but couldn't get a good picture in there. Plus it's not really camera ready...yet! It just makes me happy every time I look at them!

I got the idea form Cottage Living May/June 2006 (see, it does pay off to hold on to magazines...forever!!). It is from the home of Angel Roberts and Robert Vannewkirk in the Hollywood Hills.





Don't you think the self portrait above is so full of personality? Want to see more of their home? Thought so....






Even their kids match their house. I want this skirt for myself!




Happy Mom = Happy Home




Did you notice the chalkboard on the side of the fridge? My kids would love that!



Those are outdoor rugs hanging on the wall. Great idea! Doesn't it add so much flair to their patio?

I love all the bright, fun colors. It just looks like the home of a young California family. About this time last year I got an e-mail from a good friend in Charlotte (Michele) who said there is a surprise in the Spring 2008 issue of Charleston Home Magazine. Well guess who moved to Daniel Island, SC? Yes! Our cute California family!! Welcome to The South y'all! I had so much fun comparing their old house with the new one. One more modern, the other fairly traditional, but their style remained the same and it worked in both houses. As soon as I learn how to scan I will post the pictures of the new house.

1 comment :

  1. SISSY!

    I haven't seen the self-portraits yet, and I LOVE them. Might have to copy that. Aren't you cute to mention me?! The girls got a kick out of that. They are proud that you have a blog! Great post, as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain