Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just a Tease

This past week in Wilmington was perfect! It was a tease of things to come. The sky was blue and the temperatures were in the 70"s and 80's. I was able to thaw out a little bit. (This weather update is for my blog readers not in Wilmington. Yes, I have some out of state readers, no, I really do! Memphis, TN (Hi Pat!), Atlanta, GA (Hi Gail!), Alexandria, VA (Hi Martha!). Sadly, I heard the weather is about to change and they are predicting cold, rainy weather for the end of the week. I don't know if this is true, but if it is cold I plan to make this:


Mexican Chicken Chili




If you get out your magnifying glass you will see that this is Kraft Monterey Jack Cheese with Jalapeno Peppers




Chi Chi's Medium Salsa



3 Cans Northern White Beans


2 chicken Breasts cooked and shredded
3 Cans Northern White Beans (rinse and drain beans)
1 Jar Chi Chi's Salsa
8 oz block of cheese, shredded (Monterey Jack w/ jalapeno peppers)

That's it! Dump it all into a big soup pot and simmer for 1 hour. Serve it with Tostitos and a salad and I promise you will love it and so will your family. It is my favorite kind of recipe, quick, easy and very few ingredients.







I think these bowls would be perfect for serving my chicken chili. Even better, they are from the Crate and Barrel outlet and are only 85 cents!! Did you know Crate and Barrel has an online outlet? Yep! Right here!





Picture from Domino

Wouldn't you love to bundle up and eat your dinner out here by the fire? I sure would. All I need is the outdoor sofa, umbrella, fire pit, giant palm plant......



Let me know if you make Mexican Chicken Chile and if you and your family liked it. Also, let me know if you want more recipes. There were some quick, easy recipes and weekly menus on Oprah yesterday. Did you see it? If not you can get them here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain