Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Bedknobs and Broomsticks


Do you remember the movie Bedknobs and Broomsticks? Well I don't remember much about it either except for the giant glass ball on the end of the bed post. Even back then I was more interested in the sets than the story. That ball has stuck in my head and I have always wanted a giant newel post finial/topper. Here are some I found...


Antique Copper Newel Post or Gable Decoration or Gate Post Topper, Old Shawneetown Illinois



from here



from here



from here




Pomegranate Inc.


Or maybe I will do something like this and not even have a topper....
Too many ideas, not enough time and money. 

If I put this much thought into solving world hunger, the world would be a better place. 






















4 comments :

  1. Okay, we are so alike sometimes. I bought three actual brass bedknobs a while back to use on my staircase as finials for my newel posts. My handyman had already retro-fitted some furniture feet into finials for me so I felt bad making him lop those off and put on the brass balls. And I'm not sure they fit on my existing newel posts well enough. If I can't get them to work, they're yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for the last staircase. I just recently pinned that photo in my Someday Beach Cottage board. Love it.
    I wish i could do something like that in my house. Different look.
    mb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sissy, How magical. I have similar wood ones that I have used as bookends. Have a great week!

    Luci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why can't you solve issues like world hunger AND boring newel post finials? Aim high.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain