Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Meme Award


What a way to start the week!! I received a MeMe Award from Chloe at Finding Design With Chloe. Chloe's blog is all about garden design. She summed it up best when she said my blog is about the inside and her blog is about the outside. And I need help with the outside. Not only is Chloe a great gardener, she is also a great blogging friend. Thanks so much for the award Chloe. I don't blog for the awards or money (good thing huh?), but it sure is nice to when you do get a little mention!! The best part of receiving the MeMe? Well, you guessed it, it is all about me.


There are a few simple Meme rules:

  • Link back to the person who gave you the award.
  • Reveal seven things about yourself.
  • Choose seven other blogs to nominate, and post a link to them.
  • Let each of your choices know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.
  • And finally, let the tagger know, when your post is up!



Now the reveal. I am sure you are all on pins and needles...


1. I don't wear pink. Ever. I like pink. A lot. On other people. On me it feels silly. I have a tunic that is brown with pink stitching. That is about as pink as I get.




2. I am afraid of frogs, snakes and lizards. They make me gag. I'd rather eat a spider than see a frog, snake or lizard. Even a picture of one. At the beginning of summer a lizard kept getting in my house and sunbathing in my bedroom. I had to have my neighbor come get it out (thanks Beth!) I was gagging in the kitchen. You know, a lizard is just a snake with legs....


3. One of my favorite movies is The Parent Trap. The original with Hayley Mills. Let's get together, yeah, yeah, yeah. Don't know what I'm talking about? Click here.



4. If you live in Wilmington, you already know this, but for everyone else...my husband and I have a date night every Saturday night. And we go to the same Mexican restaurant. And I get the same thing to eat. And it makes me very happy!!! I am a very healthy eater but on Saturday night watch out. And watch your fingers. Don't get too close to the cheese dip or the salsa.

5. I don't eat sugar. O.K. I try not to eat sugar. It makes me mean and cranky and extremely grumpy. Thank goodness I am more of a salt person. If I feel I have to have something sweet I will have Carb-Smart Sugar Free Ice Cream. Vanilla with some Diet Coke. Nothing better than a Coke float.


6. When I was little I preferred playing cowboys and Indians over dolls. I still love cowboy and Indian inspired clothing. Just don't wear them all at the same time.



7. Blue Hydrangeas are not my favorite flowers. I do love them. But I love some others as well. My blog got it's name because one night I mentioned to my husband that I needed a hobby to entertain me while I was stuck at home (I mean lucky enough to be home) with Butterball. I thought I might like to start a blog, but I really knew nothing about blogs except that I loved to read them. The next day my husband said "Hon, you're all set. You just need a name. " What? That quick? I didn't have a name or even an idea of what I was doing. I had to do some quick thinking. My favorite color is blue and the street I live on is Hydrangea. So there you go! Blue Hydrangea was born and so far so good!

Do you feel like you know me better or that you know too much about me?

I am working on the seven blogs to pass the MeMe Award on to and it is hard!! Much harder than I thought. I promise to get back to you on this! In the meantime have a great Monday!

16 comments :

  1. I LOVE the Parent Trap. "Let's Get Together, yeah, yeah, yeah!" The father's house is such awesome sixties-ness, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! This is such a fun idea - I loved reading a little bit about you. I also have an extreme fear of snakes. I think that all books, movies, websites and TV shows with snakes in them should have to post a warning so those of us with a phobia don't have to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I loved the Parent Trap too! Know the song!! Also, I am with you on the snake, lizard thing. I am not too bad with frogs though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Very exciting! I loved the part about western clothes. Well and the Mexican restaurant since I could eat Mexican every day of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats!

    I know every word to the original Parent Trap. the new one is cute, but really there is no comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award! I did not know you were afraid of frogs, snakes and lizards! Could have had a good laugh here and there if I knew that...and the no sugar thing-that's why you're so thin-I try to follow your plan but sugar, salt, whatever, I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so flattered with all the extremely nice things you said about moi! I think I'm going to swear off the sugar and see if it makes me nicer :) not to mention thinner will be a great bonus! Loved Lizards are just snakes with legs! So true... I feel that way about squirrels... just rats in a better outfit! I love mexican too and I can definitely get in trouble with a little tequila. Glad I could brighten your week. I feel nicer already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the well deserved award. I am glad to know about Chloe's blog as well. I love the idea of a beautiful garden but don't know where (or when!) to start! Good for you for always getting a date night in. My husband and I need to be more regular about ours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your award! I don't know what I would do without sugar - props to you for keeping it at arm's length. The bracelet you featured is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the story behind the story (blog)! How you named it.

    It reminds me of another - I once read that authors use little tricks like that to name characters in their novels - they take one of their pet's names as a first name and combine it with the name of a street they've lived on.

    If I used that tactic, my character would be named Katie Rosedale

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome list. i think it is very cool- the date night thing. sounds like me. also same with me and sugar. can't hack it. turn into a giant C-bag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this post. It is fun to know more about our fellow bloggers - who knows why we do this?! Also, thanks for your comment on hill country house - I was so disappointed when I looked at the final product - my pictures are awful! If I could have, I would have provided you with a drink! I would have joined you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the award, and great list! :D I also started blogging while being home with my baby (now 1,5 yrs). Great idea with the Saturday night dates, that's something we're really longing for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hayley so trumps Lindsay any day!!!!
    Congrats on your well deserved award. Im jealous that you live on Hydrangea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you just reminded me of a mexican restaurant I use to go to on dates in college, it was on the way to Wrightsville Beach. It can't possibly still be there. Nice to meet you. I'm enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain