Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Blue Monday

I love me some blue. According to House Beautiful my love of blue means I am flexible, tranquil and patient....huh, not so much. A love of indigo means you're impulsive, curious, and ambitious with a great lust for life. Indigo is a shade of blue, right? Anyway, I am switching the indigo and blue descriptions. It just works better for me.

Right now I am loving rooms with a pop of blue.












This room, well I love everything about it. I want those lamps!

















I use blue and yellow in my own home for pops of color. What about you? Do you have a favorite accent color? Check out the new House Beautiful to see what your favorite colors say about you. Or do what I did and just pick the description you like the best.

pictures from: My Notting Hill, Delight By Design, House Beautiful, Angie Hranowsky, Shelia Bridges, Diary of a Steel Magnolia, Just Beachy, House Beautiful, Point Click Home, Home Magazine, Canadian House and Home, and Blue Hydrangea.







15 comments :

  1. I am also a popper of blue, along with greens & yellows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep. me too. love your tablescape in the last pic. nice touch with the beads. skillz apparent m'lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If my husband wasn't colorphobic, I think I'd have blue all over my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! Ok - I love your Blog and have sent it along to several friends. The blue color is wonderful - inspired my sister to buy more blue glass. I also just bought a great "ghost chair" at Ikea after seeing them on your blog. Keep em coming friend! Miss you in the ATL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post - I love the photos with "pops" of blue - in particular the pops of blue in the green rooms. Love them!

    I guess we on the same wavelength with our love of blue. Thanks for stopping by my post on the colour blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue chandelier. I am in the process of making a pink headboard and this picture gives me a lot of inspiration! Thanks!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tablescape with your BLUE CUPS!!! And I soooo agree with you! I love the pops of bright blue in all these rooms. Most especially dying to DIY paint a chandelier like that blue one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore the blue runner down or up the stairs! I have ugly pads on my steps to help my dogs from slipping.... but I have an idea that if I paint those the same color hmmmm.... I hate those rug runners.... end up being a huge pain to clean... You area inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ... actually, technically, they are goblets, but I love 'em in any case!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think blue is an amazing accent color! How strange to see the pics you chose. Several of them are already in my inspiration folder! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the green dining room with bright blue vases on the table, but would put something softer in them - those branches look like they could take out an eye!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty tablescape. I have the orange Calypso top. I never thought of pairing it with blue but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd really like a pair of those chairs in the fist picture- they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First time visitor to your blog, over from Design Esquire. Love the photos showing what a splash of blue (or any color for that matter) can do to a room!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain