Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Another Contest



Erin, at Elements of Style, had a contest to see who could come up with a budget-friendly room based on several of her Domino favorites. I chose the room below. Like Erin, I love the pops of green and turquoise and the mix of traditional and modern.




Inspiration Room


My mission was to find similar items but on a budget. This kind of decorating is right up my alley. The only thing better than finding something you love is finding something you love at a great price. Scouring the Internet I came up with this:


My Room

  1. Chair: Ballard Designs Leyland Armless Chair in Apple Velvet $567
  2. Sofa: Ikea Karlstad $499 with dark gray cover $119
  3. Bookcase (behind sofa) Ikea Markor $219
  4. Bookcase (beside fireplace) Target Alden $159.99
  5. Coffee Table: Ikea Expedit $59.00
  6. Curtains: Ikea Vivan (pair) $9.99
  7. Floor Lamp: Amazon George Kovacs Arc chrome lamp $340
  8. Art work over fireplace: Textile Arts Latvassa (green/white) $42/yard
  9. Fan: Hansen Wholesale Minka Aire Contractor $76.42
  10. Drum Shade: Destination Lighting $34.95
  11. Pillow: Overstock $24.99
  12. Starfish: Sea Shell Company $2.99
  13. Vases: West Elm $14-$39


Grand total: $2920.34


What do you think? How did I do? I didn't win the contest but thanks to Erin I was inspired to take some risks and improve my computer skills. It is amazing what you can do on the computer!! I had to learn how to make a collage out of all my found items and I couldn't be prouder. Be prepared to see more collages in the future. It's like having a new toy. And it's almost like I know what I am doing..scary! Who knows what I'll learn next.



And now..drum roll please...the winning room:



The Winner:

Jennifer Baker


SOURCES: Drum Table from West Elm- $119
Tillary Ottoman from West Elm - $199
Stripe Pillows from West Elm - $19
Glass Cloches from West Elm - $19
Alden Bookcase from Target - $160
4 Cube Storage from Target - $119
Chrome Arc Lamp from Lamps Plus - $339
White Vases from Ikea - $1.99 each
Turquoise Vases from Jayson Home - $28-$89 each
Naha Tray fro CB2 - $39
Ribbon Drape from PB Teen - $59
Madison Armchair from Pottery Barn - $899
Meurice Sofa from Circle Furniture - $1689



Congratulations on a great room Jennifer!! Love the blue vases-Jayson Home, wish I had thought of that!

Be sure to check out Elements of Style to see the other winners!!

2 comments :

  1. I love yours better, and it's not just because you're my friend!! I DO love the blue vases from Jayson Home- might have to check that out. I was so impressed with your collage- aren't you something, learning how to do that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying your blog. I found it via your comments on "Little Green Notebook"... great job on the contest!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain