Pages

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Summer Reading


Happy Summer!! Can't believe it is August. I start to feel anxious around this time of the year because it means summer is slipping away. 

It's been awhile since I did a book post so I thought I would share a few of the books I have been reading. 
Books



1. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane Oh, how I loved this book!! I read it to the twins when they were young and I have pulled it out again to read with Locke. One of my all-time favorites and a must read. Through his adventures the china rabbit learns to love. Sniff, sniff. For those of you who loved The Velveteen Rabbit this will be right up your alley. 

2Wonder Also on my must read list is Wonder. I think it should be required reading for all teens. The story follows a young boy with facial deformities as he enters middle school. This one will choke you up too and I hope you can read it before you see the movie.

3. The Orphan Keeper This is a wonderful book based on the true story of a young Indian boy kidnapped and sold to an orphanage. He is later adopted by a family in the US. It is very similar to the movie Lion but is based on different events. While I really enjoyed this book I thought 4. The Rent Collector  by the same author was even better!! My suggestion? Read them both!

And a few more that I have really enjoyed. Click on the link for more info!!
(PS Just because I wrote less doesn't mean I don't like these books as much, it just means that I'm tired....)
5. Salt to The Sea One of my favorites!! A misfit group comes together to escape a war torn country. Please read and let me know what you think. 

6. The Widow of the South  A quiet book that sucks you in. 

7. The Pearl That Broke It's Shell A fascinating look at another culture.

8. The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane Lisa See once again takes you into the lives of a Chinese family and their journey to give up their old ways and accept the modern world. 


What have you read lately?? I would love some recommendations. 

Sissy


And I still haven't found a book I loved as much as The Nightingale







16 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain