Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Vintage Palette





While looking around the web I saw this wonderful piece of art by Nicole Cohen of Sketch 42



Close up in all its glory.
Other great art here.
It got me thinking about this...


Vintage artist palette. Isn't it great?
I don't think I ever told you I was collecting these. And by collecting I mean I found two, Ebay and Etsy. Sadly I sold one, the better one, in that damn booth of mine. And I probably didn't tell you I no longer have my booth. Another casualty of my creative stroke. Plus, I seem to miss the things I sold too much!! I love the texture and mix of colors on these plus it's a little unexpected, don't you think?

5 comments :

  1. Hi Sissy,
    The accidental art often created by artists can be wonderful. I found a dark primitive stool and its top has wonderful paint drops accumulated over years of use. I found it at a garage sale.

    Luci

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't get rid of this one. you'll find another. I remember seeing a small collection of palettes at scotts several years back.

    does this make you want to plan a trip to scotts with me???

    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you and Donna go to Scott's, I'm going too!! Love the palette. So cool. Just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you like my work~ Thank you!

    I love that vintage palette! Gorgeous. Another awesome thing- my dropcloth is gorgeous. One day when I feel like its "done" im going to frame it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is why I can't have a booth.....I can't let go of anything:).

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain