Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Feathers

It's Thanksgiving Eve. Are you getting ready? Plucking that bird? What are you going to do with all those feathers?


You could use them to decorate your home.


And add a little holiday flair to any room.


It's a good look.

Or maybe use them as inspiration for wallpaper. Love this.


Maybe you have a big family and are cooking several turkeys. More turkeys, more feathers. Why not do something dramatic like a feather dress?

These are a couple of examples to get you going, but feel free to go with your own design.

A dress too daunting? What about a handbag? This could be a great after lunch project.

Got any other ideas? Please send me photos of any holiday crafts you make with your left over feathers!!

pictures from: Style Court, House and Home, Country Living, channel 4, Swamibu, Katiedid, Style Spy

10 comments :

  1. Project? Crafts? Really? not in this house! LOL Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving. If you get to do some plucking of turkeys this weekend, we want to know about it. Double dare ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am crazy about the wall covering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Carrie's shoes! Always wanted to do a tree with feathers, but it never happened. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing SJP's purse reminds me I have a knock-off I bought several years ago - need to bring that baby out!
    Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That feather dress is pretty fabulous. I'm nowhere near brave enough to attempt to pull it off, but I love it! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the SJP purse! And I have always had a thing for that wallpaper from Ferm living! One of my absolute favorites! Someday, I want to wallpaper a bathroom in it! Hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love feathers, I have a bunch of them in a milkglass urn and its my new favorite thing in the house.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love that feather clutch Carrie is carrying!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain